Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Day 29 - Priesthood Key Holders

Today I am thankful for Key Holders!
 I've always had a respect for the brethren who hold the keys and are able to exercise them in my behalf.  These are men called of God for certain.
 There were a few times over the 9+ years that my husband served as stake president that I strongly felt the mantle of the calling upon him and literally saw it.
 Those were special moments.  They happened during a stake conference and also just as I sat in the congregation and watched him deliver the message God had for him to deliver that specific day.
 I've known many of these men throughout my life who served as either my stake or district president or as my bishop or branch president.  There were times when I didn't necessarily agree with what they had to say to me, but I always accepted it graciously.  And in the end knew that it was their call and I needed to sustain them.
Tonight I witnessed our bishop as he counseled with a couple going through the death of their son.  I saw his gentle nature and heard his wise words.  I saw the mantle of bishop upon him and I'm grateful for that.  I have a testimony that he was called of God to serve as our bishop at this time for a specific purpose.  I support and sustain my priesthood leaders.  I'm grateful to have them in my life.

No comments: