Monday, November 6, 2017

Day 6 - Seminary

Dennis Rekow asked me to teach seminary for him a few weeks ago.  I gladly accepted this opportunity.  I was able to teach last Thursday, Friday and today.  Over the course of eight years I taught many youth and I loved them all.  Some were a bit more difficult than others, but for the most part they've been great!
\
I was able to teach 2 Nephi 28-31 
My all time favorite video called "Spiritual Crocodiles" was the first lesson.  I love this video because it is so visual in how effective and deadly Satan and his tactics can be.
Eight of my former students have served or are currently serving missions.  One more will be reporting next week. Another is working on her paperwork.
Nine of my former students have been married/sealed in the temple.  Another two have been endowed without serving a mission or getting married.  Three are engaged to be married and are planning temple marriages.
I'm not taking credit for their successes and I wouldn't take blame for their failures.  But, I do feel connected to them.  I love these fine people including those who are now attending.  I cannot impress upon anyone's mind just how valuable and wonderful the experience of teaching the youth each morning has been for me.  I wrote Dennis a note and thanked him for letting me have this small blessing to be back in the classroom.  What an inspired program!!!

No comments: