Sunday, November 26, 2017

Day 24 - Holidays

I am thankful for holidays!
 It's a time for our family to gather for good food, good conversation and good feelings.
 It's also a time for us to make new friends.  It was fun to have Fabio stay with us for several days and get to know him and love him.
 It's fun to give gifts and watch the faces of the receivers as they recognize they got something they like.
 As I said before, it is a time for family.  We can't get together for each holiday but we can get everyone together one way or another.  Facetime was the only way to get all of us together when we had missionaries serving.
 The 4th of July is a perfect time for a family reunion.  This was the last one we had and it was a few months before our father left this earth.  I'm so grateful we did it. 
 My home seems to be the place for gathering.  Is it because I'm the hostess or because it's just tradition?
I know I was thankful for my husband, children, siblings as well as extended family earlier but holidays give us the opportunity to gather.  I love the major holidays!

No comments: