Sunday, November 19, 2017

Day 19 - Friends

I have been richly blessed with friends over my lifetime.  I'm going to share just a few since I have photos of them.  But know that I love so many more people who are my friends than just those I have pictures below.
Howard and Marge Sharp.  They are Pat's mission president and wife.  I have come to know these wonderful people over the past 17 years and I love them dearly.  I cherish all the minutes we have together since they are both in their 90's and probably will not be with us for many more years.
My dear friend Laura and her husband Brian.  She moved here when she was just beginning high school or there about.  We became friends instantly or so it seemed.  We just pick up our friendship right where we left it.  Unfortunately we don't see one another enough.
My sweet friend Sue who left this life far too soon.  I loved her friendship and common sense.  She was a gift in my life.
Some people we meet through church or work or through other people.  Dennis and Phyllis became friends through Pat's work.  They were our "camping" friends for several years.  Now we're just plain old friends.
The Barretts are dear friends because they lived in Wisconsin for three years while he served as our mission president.  They are wonderful examples of Christ-like people who don't let the little things in life get them down.  It seems they are able to put the unimportant things out of their lives.  I cherish our limited time with them and love them dearly.
Again, seminary super Saturdays and girl's camp/youth conference was a great place/way to meet these beautiful women.  We went our different ways as we graduated from high school.  Still, we meet with a hug and much love.
Jack and Sharmon Ward.  We made their acquaintance through Jack and Pat's callings.  We kept in contact after the released came.  They are wonderful examples of Christ-like people.  Jack has such a great sense of humor.  I hope it blesses the lives of their missionaries as they are serving as mission president in Roseville, CA.
Ann and I became friends when we started serving together in the Young Women organization.  I believe she is one of those people whom I knew in the pre-existence.  She's been my friend and confidant for many years.  I can pour my heart out to her and I know she won't ever judge me. Her husband Randy is a good guy too.  He sure hit the jackpot when her married Ann.
I don't have a picture but her sister Julie is another woman I don't want to live without.  
Laura and her daughter Alyssa are some of my newest friends.  They are very different women and yet I love both of them so much.  Laura is quite a bit younger than I and Alyssa is younger than my youngest child.  Still, it proves that friendship surpasses any age.
Tracy was the girl I called when I needed a babysitter for my children.  Her mom Gene, was my walking buddy years ago.  Now Tracy is my workout buddy.  She keeps me motivated to exercise and keep moving.  We talk about anything and everything.  I love being able to spend so much time with her each week.

To all my friends who didn't get a shout out on this blog, know that I love you dearly.  My life is richer because you're in it.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: