Thursday, November 23, 2017

Day 23 - My Home

I am thankful for my home!
I have always loved living in the house where I grew up.  It was a great place to grow up!  So many kids in the neighborhood and such a safe place with very little traffic.  We could race our bikes around the back of the house from the alley back to the house again.  We would fly out of the alley right onto the road and never thought about the fact that a car could have come along and wiped out several children.
In 2004 my father offered us the house.  (My husband has always wanted to live in it.)  We purchased the home and made a few updates.  We've made more since.  It still looks similar to these pictures, even with new siding, windows, porch and roof.  

This is the place where my family gathers in every season.  We spend our summers outside in the back yard.  At times around the fire pit.  We host picnics and play and visit with friends and family.  In the winter, we huddle inside around the wood stove in the basement.  I love this home even more now than I did as a kid.  It's just different having my children and grandchildren grow here than it was when I was growing up.  I have so many, many wonderful memories in this home from my entire life!  I love this place!

No comments: