Sunday, November 5, 2017

Day 5 - Modern Medicine

I am more than grateful for modern medicine.  If not for living in this generation, I would not ever had the opportunity to be a wife or mother.  I would have left this earth long ago.  When I was 19 I had a ruptured ovarian cyst and needed emergency surgery to stop the bleeding and save my life.  Three days after Erin was born, I needed a D&C to clean out my uterus due to part of the placenta being left behind.  When Andrew was just a few months old, I developed pneumonia.  Antibiotics healed me then.  Yes, I am very grateful.
More recently Tom needed to have a hernia fixed.  I had one fixed a few years earlier.  He did an amazing job and healed quickly.  Pat's heart attack in July could have been fatal had there been no angioplasty or stents.  Now with the correct medicine he is able to overcome and be healed. 

Even though modern medicine couldn't heal or fix my dad's cancer, it was helpful to alleviate the pain he endured.  I feel blessed to live in a time when I am a beneficiary of modern medicine.

No comments: