Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Day 28 - The Plan of Salvation

I am thankful for the Plan of Salvation!
 Also called the Plan of Happiness.  I am so grateful that I have a knowledge that after I and my loved ones (and everyone else) will still be alive.  The physical body may be laid to rest but the spirit lives on!  Not only that, but we keep learning!  And the best part is that we can be with our families and loved ones for eternity!  Oh how that piece of knowledge gives me comfort.
When my mother passed to the next life, it was so hard for me.  I had this knowledge but it was still very difficult to not have her here.  When I lost my sister, Tina, I went through so many of the same emotions but actually did so much of my mourning before she was even gone.  Just knowing I was going to lose her was really hard.  I needed to be strong for her children but in my own quiet times, I was a mess.
Somehow, knowing I would lose my dad wasn't as difficult.  I knew I would miss him greatly but I had such comfort in knowing he would be with my mom and his parents, two brothers, grandparents, Tina and numerous other friends and relatives.  That actually did make things a bit easier.
God provides us with the perfect plan and with His son, Jesus Christ who makes it all possible.  His atonement in our behalf gives me strength and courage to take on every difficult task. 
I LOVE God's plan!

No comments: