Monday, November 27, 2017

Day 27 - Family HIstory

I am thankful for Family History!
 I have gained an appreciation for family history.  Specifically an appreciation for details about the lives of my ancestors.
 Pictures are priceless.  I love photos but I love details even better.  I want faces to go with the names.
 I've been able to upload some great pieces of detail on my family search web page.  I most recently found a letter written by my grandmother, Selma to my dad for his birthday.
 I've found some birthday cards and letters written to and from these two cuties.  They made me laugh and cry to read their beautiful words of love written to one another.
These priceless words from grandchildren to their Papa filled my heart at the time of Dad's funeral.  What's even better is that I have these words on his family search web page.  I love the gift of remembering.  I feel like I know more about the people who came before me. 

No comments: