Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Day 8 - Changing Seasons

Maybe it's because I've always lived here but I LOVE the changing seasons.  I love that we are able to have the colors of the autumn season.  This year the colors weren't as vibrant as I've seen them before.  Still, very beautiful!
I fresh coat of snow makes everything look fresh and clean.  I especially love it before it gets disturbed by footprints, snowplows and wind which blows it off the trees.  I don't love it out of it's season though. It should come at the appropriate time.
The Spring offers the new buds on the trees and the new sprouts in the woods and the greening of the grass.  Again the woods are covered in colors as the trees get their leaves.  I love the melting of the dirty snow and the piles left behind.  Spring also offers tulips and daffodils and lilacs.  Oh the smells of the spring!
Summer gives me longer hours of light and the ability to NOT wear a jacket or even long sleeves.  It offers the lush green of the trees and grass.  I'm not a fan of the color green except on those things in nature.  Wearing shorts and t-shirts, riding bike and driving with the windows rolled down are something to look forward to.

I can't imagine living in an area where it is a constant temperature all year round or where it is so hot during the summer months that I don't want to be outside or where it is dark for so many hours each day.  I love the changing seasons and always look forward to the upcoming one...but give the present one time to die before the new one is thrust upon us.

No comments: