Thursday, November 9, 2017

Day 9 - Music

How I love a good tune and a message that touches my heart.  A few years ago my husband and I visited a ward in the Chicago area and they were having their Primary Sacrament meeting.  At the end of their program they sang Gethsemane.  That beautiful piece of music touched both of our hearts.  My husband got the music and had the entire primary throughout the stake sing this at a stake conference.  It was so wonderful.  I cannot explain how it completed our meeting.
A few weeks ago our ward had their annual Sacrament meeting presentation.  The new song this year was called, "Choose Him Again."  I want to share the lyric as it is so touching.
Before we came here, we all lived in heaven with Heav'nly Father and Jesus, His Son.  It's where they taught us to choose good from evil to be prepared for the battle to come.  For Satan tried to destroy us forever to make us turn from the things we were taught.  But nothing could keep us from choosing Jesus, for we loved the plan of God.
And we will choose Him again.
For he's our Savior and friend.
He'll help and guide us each day,
and He will show us the way
to be the best us we possibly can.
Oh we will choose Him.
We will choose Him again.
And now we're on earth to prove we'll be faithful, keep His commandments and follow His ways.  For we're still fighting for good over evil, not with a sword, but with courage and faith. And we will rise up and stand with our Savior forever true to the things we've been taught.  And nothing can keep us from choosing Jesus, for we love the plan of God.
(Repeat the chorus)

I couldn't hold the tears back.  It was so beautiful.  At times I hear a song on the radio that has a message which touches me and takes me to a specific time or place.  Music is so very powerful and so today I am grateful for the people who have the talent to write the music and lyrics and those who can perform it so wonderfully.

No comments: