Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sisters on Sunday

Last Sunday we had a Sisters of Sunday Relief Society type of meeting.  It was supposed to be a sharing time for half of us and the other half was supposed to go for a walk and get to know one another.
When we showed up Sister Rizley had each of us introduce ourselves.  If was evident by the first six or so sisters that we were not going to do any of the things planned.  We spent half an hour getting introduced to them.
When it was my turn, I said my name, where I was from and how many children and grandchildren I have.  They wanted more information but I said I would save it for the walk.
We used up all of our time.  At the end we spread out around the garden and sang As Sisters in Zion.  Sister Warner thanked me for trying to speed things up.  People didn't really take the hint.
It was a fairly warm morning and the sun was shining so it wasn't too bad. 
Still, we spent all of our time being introduced.  It was good to get a feel for the new sisters whom I don't know anything about.
We brought our lawn chairs but were told we wouldn't need them.  I should have kept it with me anyway.  The concrete benches were pretty cool to sit on.
It was a beautiful place to meet but after Friday night's gathering, I don't believe we will be doing this anymore.  I do love the women's garden!

No comments: