Sunday, May 3, 2020

Painting the Hyde Home

My boss is Jared Willyerd.  He's a really good guy.  He's so kind and patient.  He takes the time to teach us just how he wants things done.  He lets me try and gives me great direction.  He is an essential worker during this shut down.  He's been putting in a lot of overtime.  He always comes in to work on Saturdays because he wants to get things done.
On Friday night he was working at the Orson Hyde home painting the exterior.  It was already past 7pm when we stopped.  I told him we were available to help finish the job on Saturday.  Just as we pulled into the compound my phone rang.  It was Jared asking us to come help him.

We spent about or maybe just over four hours helping him paint the home.  The sun was shining brightly and it was warm so the paint dried quickly.  I have such a sense of accomplishment as I work in these historic homes.  I am doing what those early saints would have done.  I am their hands in this day to restore what they once had.  I'm so thankful for the feelings I get and how I'm assisting in the work too.  Just in a different way.  I'm blessed to be able to be a missionary at this time in my life!

No comments: