Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Out For a Walk

Last evening I went out for a walk all by myself.  I took my phone along and decided I would take some pictures of the things that I see.
I walked down Parley street and of course when you turn around you see the temple.  Oh how I wish it was open.
At the end of Parley stands the statue of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.  I really love  this statue!
I can't forget about the oxen.  Porter was the closest to the fence so he's the one I took a picture of.
It was really windy when I left and it surely looked like it might rain.  I heard some rumbles of thunder but the dark clouds were off to the east so I knew I wasn't going to get wet.  The cloud formations off to the west were quite interesting.
The sunset started off looking like it might be spectacular but shortly after I took this, the clouds covered up anything that might have been.
Walking down Parley is the best place to get some perspective on just how gigantic the FM complex really is.  
I rounded the corner and started walking up Water street.  I wonder what these yellow blooms are in the water.  Last year I saw the blossoms on the water lilies and this isn't it.
The irises are in full bloom at present.  They aren't my favorite flower, but I think they are very interesting. We have yellow ones across the street from our home and one yellow and one purple in the back yard.
As I came up to the Red Brick Store, I noticed a couple of deer.  They saw me before I could get my camera out so this one is a blur.  I saw three more as I walked further up the road but never got close enough to get a good picture.
I was lucky enough to see a barge coming up the river.  Then I heard the train across the river as well.  The train is quite loud and makes a good rumbling sound.  But then, when the barge gets close enough it is really loud too.
More wonderful clouds and it was still breezy enough that the water wasn't very smooth.  It's a river so it isn't ever very smooth.
I had to walk up the street where this cute little house sits as I painted the front screen door yesterday and just needed to document it.  I still have the door frame to do but the red looks great!
Making the corner and coming back on to Parley I had to get a picture of this tree.  It is so much more magnificent in person.  There is another one on north Durphey as well as a white one.  The white looks like little white Christmas trees stuck in the big tree.  I do not know what kind of tree it is.
Coming back up Water street I turned the corner and looked to my left to find this interesting creation.  The wonders of God are amazing to me.
Our little house sits on top of this hill.  On the right is Nauvoo State Park.  It is a pretty long and steep grade.  I thought about the many, many times that Tracy and I walked up the dump hill and how after a little time it got easier.  I need to walk up this hill more.  I did today pushing my bike and it made me pant.  
Finally, back to our home.  I love this little house!  It is truly home to us.  You can tell that the house sits on the hill as the concrete is on a slant.  It really does level out just past us.  It was a good walk.  Perhaps another one soon with a different route to get more photos of the loveliness around me.

No comments: