Sunday, May 3, 2020

Liken the Scriptures

We are told to liken the scriptures unto ourselves.  Find those things that apply to our own lives. Last week I was reading in the Book of Mormon in Mosiah 11.  As I was listening to the text being read to me, the following verses jumped out at me.
23 And it shall come to pass that except this people repent and turn unto the Lord their God, they shall be brought into bondage; and none shall deliver them, except it be the Lord the Almighty God.
24 Yea, and it shall come to pass that when they shall cry unto me I will be slow to hear their cries; yea, and I will suffer them that they be smitten by their enemies.
I thought about the situation we are presently in with the Covid 19 restrictions and social distancing.  I also thought about how the world has forgotten God.  He is not allowed in schools or other public places.  He has been pushed out!  We have been involved in two worldwide fasts for the purpose of ending the corona virus.  I expected some great miracle after the first one and when the second one was announced, I was sure there would be some miracle ending to it.
Now as I read these verses, I feel that we are in bondage because there are so many who are not humble and do not repent or even recognize deity.  The Lord is slow to hear our cries and our enemy is holding us bound.
Nevertheless, I still pray for a cure and an end to this pandemic.  I desire to go back to the temple and have visitors return to an open Nauvoo historic site.

No comments: