Sunday, May 31, 2020

Peonies!

Last year when we left for this mission my peonies were big round balls on top of the stems in my garden.  When we arrived in Nauvoo, the  peonies were all finished.  I missed them!  This year I did not miss them.  
I saw them beginning to blossom at the Visitor's Center.  I heard that they were in full bloom at the Sarah Granger Kimball home as well so I went last week to take a look.
At home I have white, pink and purplish ones.  They bloom at about the same time but just days apart.  
I never dreamed there were so many varieties.  Not just different colors but different blooms!
This white one is definitely different from the white one below.
And this one is different from the next one!
I am amazed at God's handiwork!
And I thought there were a lot of different tulips and daffodils.
It really is sad that most people visiting Nauvoo do not go to this home.
Every time I looked at the next plant, it was different from the last.
I cannot say I have a favorite.
There was no way to get a really great photo of this garden.
Too bad the blooms are so big and they always end up falling over due to the weight.
So delicate.
They never last long enough for me.
And they always smell wonderful!
And ants love them.
It was the perfect thing to see on this rather dreary, rainy day.
These pink ones are what I always think of when I hear the word, peony.
Just so much color and splendor all in one place.

No comments: