Thursday, January 2, 2020

Wreaths & Swags

One day the grounds crew was looking for help in putting bows and pine cones on the wreaths and swags that will adorn Old Nauvoo.
There were many different kinds.  All were beautiful.  Some were just a little prettier than others.
Brooke was the lone intern this semester and she was in charge of making sure we missionaries got it right.  She's a doll and she shared and we shared stories together.  It was a lot of fun!
I loved working with Sister Odum, Sister Bailie and Sister Harker and Brooke.  Adam even showed his face now and again.
There were several kinds and all were beautiful in their own way.
Our job was to put the pine cones and bows on them.  I didn’t help make the bows.  That was done by the grounds sisters. They spent many hours doing it.
These swags had giant pine cones!
This was the first one I did!
Sister Barrow put the wire hangers on the back and we decorated.  My fingers were full of pitch by the time we finished.  I enjoyed it.  Mostly because of the company I was with and the beauty we were creating.

No comments: