Thursday, January 2, 2020

Christmas Day

Christmas Day in the mission field was different than any other I've ever had.  I did have a gift for my husband to open because it wouldn't be Christmas without at least one gift.  We had a nice breakfast and went to the compound and started making gifts for next Christmas to give out before we leave.  It was a nice time spending time together making things and using tools that I've never used before.

I made some food for our get together later in the day.  We reserved the stake center and invited whomever didn't have any other plans to join us for games beginning at 3:00 and a meal at 5:00.  Mixed in with those games being played at individual tables and after some food, we were invited to be contestants in the "Oldywed Game".  I could've done better if I would've had a few more seconds to think on two of the questions.  Still, we ended up tying for the win and ultimately won the game.  We received a certificate for a Bed & Breakfast.  We were given a muffin mix and two bottles of orange juice and we provide the bed.
We had a simply marvelous time being with the other Elders and Sisters who decided to attend.  Laughter was had by all especially with the Odums playing the game with us.  He is a hoot!

No comments: