Thursday, January 2, 2020

Christmas 2019

What a blessing to be serving in a place where our family loves to visit!  They came a few days after Christmas and spent five days here.  It was marvelous!  I didn't get photos of everyone but here are a few that I did capture.
Little Henry looking very serious.
Cami helping Brock and Butch see the temple through the fog while looking out the upstairs window in the Cultural Hall.
Tom with his gag gift, which he loves.
Cami with her gag gift!  This made us all laugh.  I think she should regift it next year.
Cierra with a maternity dress that Tom got for her via Sammi.
Me, exhausted, with children piled on top of me while they watched a movie.  I took a nap with them on top of me.
Tom going to work with his dad on Monday morning.  He LOVED it!  He worked with me on Tuesday and was actually quite helpful.  He texted me yesterday, after they got home, to tell me how much he loved working in Nauvoo.
Making rope in the Family Living Center.
Cami with Lydia.  She's such a good helper.
Erin with her gag gift with Christian looking on.
Sister Nash teaching us about making bread in a beehive (bustle) oven.
Butch and Eli riding the sheep during the spinning demo.
Butch laughing while Jeff pinned him down.
Cami and Evie making rope.
Two turtle doves for Sammi was hardly a gag gift.
Elder Jensen allowing Brock to assist in making his own horseshoe.
Jeff received something Iowa themed.
Lydia at the feet of the Savior (Christus).
Butch with his stingray shaped cinnamon bread.
Butch making rope.

There was a lot of fun and games, good food and laughter and lots of loudness with three one-year-olds in the house.  Gifts were given and received.  I believe everyone got what they wanted or didn't know they needed. It was just short of being perfect since Andrew wasn't there, Cierra left early and Erin was ill for a couple of days.  I didn't feel well on Sunday night but after a blessing, I felt the fever leave and health return.  Another "Nauvoo Miracle".  
How I adore my family!  

No comments: