Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Waves and Beaches

We really enjoyed every beach we stopped at and all the rock formations made by crashing waves.  
This was at Laie point just across the street and down from the temple.
There were several island formations in the near vicinity.  I really liked the hole in this one.  
The waves really crashed and created some overhangs from the erosion.

This was down the beach from our condo.  I'm amazed that the tree is still alive and growing considering the sand was mostly washed away underneath. 
There were quite a lot of people swimming in this cove.  
Some days the waves were mild.
Other days the waves were extremely powerful.
The colors of blue in the ocean are stunning!
The wind was blowing so hard that it blew my hair straight up!

The waves were so big on one of the first days there.  They washed up with so much force and then pulled back with an equal force. 
I found it interesting that the sand was crisscrossed when the waves receded. 
These signs just made me laugh.  Basically they said, don't go in the water if you aren't prepared to die!
I loved the sound of the water and crashing waves. 
Every day it rained just a little.
Usually it was just a mist kind of rain.
On Wednesday we stopped at a gorgeous beach and changed into our swim suits.  Pat started walking into the water and a wave came and crashed over him.  Just as he got up and got his bearings, another took him under.  
As I stood in the waves washing ashore, I could feel the power of the water.  There is no way I would ever have young children in those types of waves.  Apparently, the way to swim in them is to go out further and ride the waves or be further inland and let them wash up on you.  He was standing in the exact wrong spot.
It was so fun to see how enormous the waves were at times.  I really enjoyed each and every beach and water shore. 
 

No comments: