Thursday, November 25, 2021

Thankfulness

 Thanksgiving 2021 is in the books.  I enjoyed having all of our family with us for at least part of the day.  Edwina joined us which made me happy.  We had a fabulous meal in which everyone brought something for all to enjoy.  We watched the dog show as tradition would dictate.  We played "I doubt it".  That is always a good time.  We crafted.  Cute little Christmas trees popped up all over the kitchen table.  Little hats were made by little hands.  Love was everywhere!

 But, sadness filled my heart as we found out that Doug Bingham, one of our dear, dear mission friends had a massive stroke a few days ago and passed on last evening.  He was so full of life and always had a twinkle in his eye.  My heart aches for his spunky Jolene.  I can't even imagine what she's dealing with.  They just bought a house and moved in only six days ago.  

 Still, even with that, there is so much to be thankful for.  I share an amazing family with my eternal sweetheart.  We have these children and children-in-law and grandchildren who fill our hearts to overflowing.  We have a warm, comfortable home with enough.  Enough to eat and wear and have.  

 We have amazing friends whom we met over the course of our 21 month mission who will be our forever friends.  Some were missionaries, some were employees of the FM group while others were people we met in the Hannibal branch.  Relationships are so valuable and I cherish them so much.  I have siblings whom I can't imagine life without.  

I have the gospel of Jesus Christ with the opportunities to serve.  Mostly I have the atonement of Jesus Christ in my life and a relationship with my Heavenly Father.  How I find peace and joy in those things. 

 Life is grand!  Some people don't get to have it long enough; some have it too long as they deal with dementia or other maladies.  But the plan is perfect.  We get to come to this beautiful earth and live our lives and create families and relationships.  "No man is a failure who has friends." - Clarence the angel.

No comments: