Monday, November 15, 2021

Food

An early morning got us to Appleton to the airport and then on to Chicago for a quick dash through the airport.  Then a line to check our vaccination status for the trip to Honolulu.  Unfortunately the vaccination cards did not upload and we had to do all of that prior to getting to go to the gate.  We weren't the last ones on the plane, but we were near the end.  
An 8 hour trip from Chicago to Honolulu made me crazy.  I napped and watched movies and tried to move my legs as much as possible.  It was painful just sitting.  
We picked up our Turo car in the airport parking once we found out how to get across the street and into the garage.  Finding our condo wasn't nearly as difficult.  Its a nice place right on the ocean with the sound of waves crashing onto the shore.  I love that!  
We went out to eat at Pounders.  That was another experience.  We had to produce our vaccination cards as well as an ID before they would seat us.  Pat had the Huli Huli chicken.  A nice meal but obviously not enough to have any leftovers.
I had the nachos which by the way, had no nacho or any other kind of cheese. The taro chips were covered with shaved scallions, smashed avocadoes, cilantro and pineapple.  I don't know what the sauce was but that's where the spice was. 
I didn't realize that the scallions would be raw.  It was delicious and I had enough to take home and eat for breakfast the next morning.  FYI, I do not like cilantro but since having Covid I cannot taste it.  Lucky me. 
A trip to the Dole Plantation where we were able to get a pineapple whip.  Pineapple ice cream is not my favorite but it was tasty.  
 

No comments: