Monday, August 31, 2020

The Departures Begin

Beginning with the Wadleys and Flanders, couples began going home as they are finishing their mission.
On Wednesday night we heard from three more couples who are going home.  It began with the Quirls.
Elder Quirl is the vet so they are teamsters.  He gave us his take on what he's learned from the horses.  
1. They are willing to work and listen to the master's voice.
2. The are in tune with cues and promptings and 100% obedient
3. The work beautifully as companions.  They combine efforts.
4.  They're attentive to what's ahead. They don't worry about the past.
5.  When the work is heavy, the trail arduous, they work together.
Sister Quirl was our mission secretary for the last 11 months.  She's a good, down-to-earth sisters whom I've come to love very much.  We enjoy visiting when I visit her office.
Sister Jensen also worked in the scheduling office.  Such a good person.  She quietly takes care of business.  Elder Jensen worked in the Blacksmith shop and made a lot of little horseshoes.  This spring he started working with FM.  He took on the job of painting all the wagons and carriages.  He did an amazing job on all of them.  One day when I visited him to drop off paint and other supplies at the barn, he surprised me by giving me a necklace and earrings that he made in the blacksmith shop.  I had seen sisters wearing horseshoe earrings and wondered where they got them.  I was very overwhelmed that I held back my tears.  If it would have been appropriate, I would have hugged him!
The Warners moved into the condos last fall and we got to know them.  She is an amazing pianist.  She and I worked together with the music for the Christmas Walk.  I was so thankful for her willingness to learn and play all those pieces.  She worked in the office as the finance missionary.
The Warners worked with us one day in the Orson Hyde home on the day when we found out that a lot of the seniors were being sent home.  Elder Warner worked a lot with Elder Munoa in making videos.  Unfortunately, Salt Lake didn't want those videos online.  We had a few game nights with them as well as a meal or two.  What a fun loving couple!  They will be missed just as the other couples who left us.

No comments: