Friday, August 21, 2020

It’s Finally Finished

Elder Flanders and at times Sister Odum worked on painting the new porch on the Heber C. Kimball home.  As I looked at the upstairs door frame, Jared told me to chip the peeling paint off and repaint it.  Elder Flanders told me that he would sand the entire thing and then fix it before painting. 
He had his accident the day before he was going to sand the thing.  Knowing that he was going home, I asked him if he could come over last Friday and show me exactly what I needed to do to make it look good.  He gave me step by step instructions.  Here's the before picture.
Here's the after photo.  Steps were:
1.  Sanding off the old paint as much as possible.
2.  Skim coating the wood with plastic wood putty.
3.  Sanding the wood putty.
4.  Painting it with primer.
5.  Sanding the "rough" off of the primer.
6.  Painting with the desired color.
It turned out so good.
I learned how to take something that looked really crappy and made it look beautiful!  I sent a picture of the finished product to Elder Flanders and he asked if I would do that process again. 
Absolutely!  And, I've begun the process on another door!

No comments: