Sunday, July 5, 2020

Transforming Legs

Several weeks back, Elder Pleshek was cleaning out some storage areas around Historic Nauvoo.  He came across a table that was to go to the burn pile.  Rather than putting it in the pile, he rescued it and decided he would fix and restore it for Andrew and Cierra.  It is NOT an historic table.
Pat built two new leaves to put into the table.  We both planed it so it would all be the same when it was assembled.  I wanted to keep the legs as they were and then decided that I would have a lot of work in stripping them if I wanted the wood grain to show.
I decided that I would sand them down and paint them black.  The table top is white so the contrast would be really a great look.
We painted them black and they look great!  Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the finished product.  When we unveiled it to the new owners they seemed pleased with it.  It is so much larger than what they presently have and this will serve them for years to come.

No comments: