Friday, July 24, 2020

Protection

Each morning in our prayers and in my personal prayers I specifically ask for protection.  I'm a glass half full type of person and so as I describe what happened it will become evident.  
We had an earlier than usual work day today and with a 4pm dinner with the other seniors, we decided we needed to go get some groceries as we have plans for all day tomorrow.
The river road along the Mississippi is beautiful with it's winding corners.  There is a bridge that will be replaced soon and the work has already begun so we are down to one lane in that area.  There are signs posted about the construction as well as a flagman sign.  We came up to that area and pulled behind a semi waiting for the "slow" sign to turn.  
My dear husband had a thought, feeling, prompting to look in the rear view mirror.  He did so and suddenly he was trying to, I thought, drive around the semi when suddenly there was a huge BANG and smoke began filling our cabin.  I knew with the jarring that I took that we had been rear ended.  
We just got this car purchased in maybe November and we haven't driven it until three weeks ago when Andrew drove it down to us.  The brakes were having an issue so it was in the shop over the weekend and we just got it back on Tuesday.  $900+ later, it was running great!
This guy hit us.  It doesn't appear that he has a ton of body damage to his vehicle although I'm sure his engine isn't doing too well.  Here are where the blessings of protection come in.  If Pat had ignored his feeling, we would have been pushed into the trailer of that semi and we surely would have been severely injured or even killed.  Seat belts saved us from injury today, but they would not save us from a steel back side of a trailer.  If we had not been there, this guy would have hit that trailer and killed himself.  If we didn't have the Cruze, our truck would now be a disaster and we would not have a vehicle to drive.
The first people we called were the Bailies.  I knew they would come get us and take us home.  How blessed we are to have them as our dear, dear friends.  I know I could have called many others, but they were one of the first people that popped into my mind.  
I pray for protection.  Even though I have some stiff muscles in my shoulder and neck, I am uninjured.  We all are.  Tom thought that sitting in the back of the ambulance to have his vitals taken was so much fun!  It was nice to see familiar faces in Kendall Gallaher and Bob Glass.  The Lord watches out for us and helps us.  All we have to do is listen to that still, small voice.  Heed the thoughts that come into our minds.  Live so that the Spirit's voice can be heard and recognized.  


No comments: