Sunday, July 5, 2020

Six Years Ago

This photo was taken six years ago today.  How I love the people in this photo.  
We've endured so much as a family.  We lost Mom 27 years ago.  It was so sudden and unexpected.  Somehow we went on with life.  Then Dad had his mid-life crisis for years and years!  He finally came back and got straight with the Lord.  Brett has had some pretty scary illnesses/surgeries.  We lost our beautiful Tina and then Kurt moved his family away which we understood but it broke our hearts.  Pat went through a painful divorce.  Bonny went through a painful life but is back where she is loved.  We watched our dear daddy go through a steady decline due to cancer and then leave us too.  At least we have the comfort of knowing he is with Mom.  My sweetheart went through a heart attack.  It seems like we've had more than our fair share of difficulties.
Through all of this, and more, we have pulled together as a family.  I am so thankful to call these people my family.  We didn't always get along so great growing up but they are who we turn to when we need support.  They've brought joy into my life and I am thankful to know that we are a forever family.  How I miss Dad!  He wasn't supposed to leave us.  At least not how and when he did.  Still, I'm grateful for the knowledge that he is still and will always be my daddy.  I hope I can be like him one day.  He was so generous and kind to everyone.  He made you feel like you were the most important person in the room.
These are my siblings and I love them so dearly.  I thank my Heavenly Father often for being born to the parents I was and to have the siblings I do.  We're not perfect but we love one another.  What a gift that is!

No comments: