Saturday, February 29, 2020

Leaving is Bittersweet

I wish I had done this earlier but didn't think about it.  In our Historic Site Training last week, we didn't have any training.  Rather, we had the testimonies of the six couples who will be leaving us in the next week.
Bruce and Allison Cornwell from Washington state have finished their service.  She was the scheduler so I didn't have to do anything with her since my schedule in FM doesn't change.  He is the mission photographer and has posted some amazing photos on Facebook and has shared them with us as missionaries via google docs.
Dee and Mary Barrow will go back to North Carolina.  She worked as one of the grounds sisters and I had the opportunity to work with her for 2 1/2 months.  He worked with Jason in HVAC.  They are lovely people and I appreciate their friendship.
Karen and Brent Bingham are leaving to go back to their home in Taylorsville, Utah.  She worked in the office in finance and he is the mission doctor.  I don't know either of them very well, but have found them to have very unique personalities.
Larry and Jody Prettyman are dear, dear friends from Helper, Utah.  She worked in conservation/housing.  Those ladies clean and inventory sites.  They also clean housing.  He worked as the heavy equipment operator.  He plows snow and cleans out the burn pit.  When we needed more parking space, I was amazed as I watched what he did in turning a piece of ground into a smooth space in which to make a parking lot.
Clair and Carolyn Davis, from Clifton, Idaho worked in Carthage over the last five months.  They're site missionaries obviously.  I had a tour given by Elder Davis a few months ago and was so impressed with him.  He invited the Spirit so strongly and I appreciated it very much.

From now on, I'll be sharing more about all the missionaries leaving rather than just those from FM.

No comments: