Saturday, February 29, 2020

FM 2019

The following six photos are all about the same.  This is our FM group from the summer of 2019.  Unfortunately, there are a few people missing.  I don't see Richard Hancock or Elder and Sister Schmidt or Keeton.  
This photo was taken in July so we were very new to the mission and I didn't even know all these people yet.  I knew the names of some of the employees and all of the missionaries but didn't have a clue about the summer employees or the interns.
I've found out that each time there's a photo taken, there has to be one with silliness.  I'm not a fan of that so didn't do anything crazy or silly. 
After spending almost nine months here, I've come to love these people.  Having the opportunity to work in the office for 2+ months gave me the chance to get to know the full timers.  I love those that I know.  They're great people.  They feel like a big, crazy family.
As I look at the faces of the missionaries in these photos, I've come to realize that a lot of these people, actually most of them, have already left us.  There are so many new comers. 
In fact, we were the newbies in this picture and now, seven months later, there are only six couples in this photo that are still here and two of them are leaving on Monday!
I will treasure this photo along with the next one we take this summer forever as these are such wonderful people whom we have had the privilege of getting to know and love.  Serving together shoulder to shoulder day after day brings people together in a way that can happen in no other way.  Just in case you didn't know, I love these people!

No comments: