Saturday, February 22, 2020

A Broken Toilet Seat

Two weeks ago we were at the Big10 painting in apartment 202.  I was doing some touch up painting  in the corners near the ceiling in the bathroom.  I didn't have a ladder so I stepped on the toilet seat and stood on the vanity to do my work.  When I stepped down, the toilet cover splintered into several pieces and I went down.  Not into the toilet either.  
Somehow, I tried to recover my balance by twisting my body and putting the weight onto my left foot.  I somehow landed with my back against the tub.  I landed hard and it hurt really badly.  I don't know how I didn't twist my ankle.  
I needed another paint roller and went back to the compound to get one.  I found my husband and told him what happened and asked for a blessing as I was one hurting puppy.  He and Elder Mensel gave me that blessing and I immediately felt relief from the pain.  
I went back to work painting and it was a good thing I did.  I know if I would've gone home, my body would have stiffened up and I wouldn't have been able to move the next day.  As it was, I slept on my back as that was the only way I was comfortable.  I was glad it was a Friday as it gave me a few days to rest.  There's still  some bruising and discomfort from time to time, but I'm mostly better.  
I will still stand on the vanity to reach those places I cannot reach standing on a ladder.  But I will use a ladder to get up there and not the cheap toilet seat cover.

No comments: