Sunday, May 23, 2021

Weeding

Last Sunday I decided that I needed to do some weeding in the beds in the backyard.  
On Monday I started by the firepit and worked to the west and then came back toward the house.  It wasn't too big of a job but I sure like the result.  It looks so nice.
When I finished there I began working on the bed next to the garage.  By Tuesday afternoon I decided that all of the lily plants had to go.  I'm sure there will be plenty that show up as I missed their roots.  
I moved the rocks one by one and dug out the roots with a shovel.  They came out in giant clumps!  Still, it's that many that will not reappear in this bed.  I also did my best to remove the "snow on the mountain" which is a very invasive weed.  I feel accomplished with what I've been able to do and how great it looks.  Weeds are already finding their way back in.  

 

No comments: