Sunday, May 23, 2021

My Nauvoo Blooms


Last Spring my companion and I went to the Sarah Kimball barn and scavenged bulbs.  Tulips, hyacinths and daffodils.  
I sent some home with Sammi but mailed the rest.  Our daughters planted them according to my instructions and they did a marvelous job.  
I'm very excited to have so much color and contrast in my front flower beds.  
I'm also excited to have so much texture among those beautiful blooms and foliage. 
My small grape hyacinths have been there for a very long time and they seem to transplant themselves everywhere in the yard.  Still, they fill in the space which makes everything look fuller.  The only issue was that my large purple hyacinths blended in and I would rather not have that so I pulled them and will plant them elsewhere in the fall.  
Erin planted a lot of daffodils in that back yard and I love that they are much later than the others in that they are now blooming when most everything else is finishing.  
I love these pink double tulips.  I just wish there were more of them so they could be planted closer and create that "full" look that Richard creates so beautifully in Nauvoo.  
These were in the Browning Gun flower bed last year and although I like them, they were not my favorite.  I think I like them better without such a full look.  
All of these are planted in the front flower bed at the church.  So many different kinds and I like all of them so much.  
These yellow ones are so happy.  
I do not recall where they were planted last year.  Doesn't matter.  They have a new home and I will love them here.
Again, props to Clare, Erin and Sammi for all their hard work in making this happen for me and for anyone else who passes by the church and appreciates the blooms. 

No comments: