Friday, May 7, 2021

Beach, Boating and Diving

While spending almost a week in Florida we had multiple times (daily) of beach-going. 
Pat found a sea urchin while diving.  He picked it up with a shell as it was prickly.
We had to have a new pic of the two of us on the beach.  This day was the coolest of all the days.  I didn't even get into my swimsuit as I knew I wouldn't go into the water.  I buried my feet in the sand as the tops of them were a bit sunburned from the day before.
Dennis got us out on a boat on Thursday and some of the sights were interesting.  
I thought about Salty Sam from Sunset by the Mississippi.  Poor sweet Sue.
Watching and listening to the waves roll in has always been super relaxing for me.  
This guy came home with a really good tan.  He spent a lot of time diving with the snorkel so his back got a little red.  Clare remarked how dark he was when she saw him after we got back.
One day was spent diving for sand dollars.  I wanted enough to create some Christmas ornaments for my family.  Dennis kept a few but I took most of them home.  They went back to that same beach to search for more but found none.  We must have been there during a specific time when they were plentiful.
I liked this boat with a slide.  I could see some of our grandchildren having a great time with that!
I'm amazed at some of the homes along the water.  Very expensive and all of the living space is above the first floor due to hurricanes.  
This is the very new/nice boat we went out on.  
 

No comments: