Friday, November 27, 2020

Painting the Seventies Hall

Earlier this summer, Sisters Odum and Chestnut and I scraped and painted all the windows on the Seventies Hall.  It was a lot of work but turned out great.
About a month ago, while the weather was still warm and wonderful, I went back and painted the doors and door frames.
Both the back and front doors needed some tender loving care.  
Both of the frames had some rotted wood and need wood epoxy.  I had never used that stuff before.  It's like using play-doh to fill in where the rotten wood was pulled out.
Sister Stapley stopped by on this Thursday and took some photos of me and shared a beautiful piece of Christmas music with me.  We have such wonderful missionaries here!
Once I had the doors painted, I needed to go back the next day and paint the rounded windows above as the paint no longer matched.  Then I looked at the black railings and decided they needed new paint as well.
The finished product looked so good.  At least to me.  Jared did have me go back last week and touch up a few spots.  Either way, I feel blessed to be able to work on this historic building!
 

No comments: