Friday, January 1, 2021

Mortals Awake with Angels Join

President Rizley had this idea to have some missionaries sing outside the Mansion House for Joseph Smith's birthday.  He needed to have permission from the Community of Christ to film it since it is their property.  He didn't get it.
Before we knew we didn't have permission, we still practiced this song.  It is not a song I would ever choose to sing on purpose.  It was very high.  Still, it was so much fun to sing with those other couples.  Looking back, a lot of those missionaries were later diagnosed with Covid-19.  I do not know about the Burns but both Dixons, both Polls, Sister Carlson and my husband all tested positive.  
Any song written with four sharps is just plain cruel!  I also found out that Elder Poll can sing any part.  He was quite the task master.  I suppose it is from his years singing in the Tabernacle Choir.
 

No comments: