Friday, January 1, 2021

Morning Visitors

I'm pretty sure these three are more than just morning visitors.  Two days ago I caught them outside the window eating birdseed.  I was thinking I had some really piggy birds but always wondered if the real culprits were the deer.
After finally having some newly fallen snow, I could see the deer tracks leading up to and away from my feeders.  No more!  This little family may be brave enough to hang outside our home this closely, but I refuse to feed them!  Since we moved here, we've seen so many deer in the back and side yards.

I've also seen a coyote and turkeys and a lot of geese.  Sometimes at night I can hear an owl across the street in the state park and on occasion we can hear the young coyote pups yipping and barking.  They sound like they're right outside the window!
 

No comments: