Sunday, January 24, 2021

Another Sign Needs Attention

When we arrived in Nauvoo back in June of 2019 we noticed that the sign on the front of the stake center needed some cleaning.  I have some experience in doing this and we thought that we needed to accomplish this task before leaving.
Thursday was a pretty nice day.  We had temperatures in the mid 40's  so we decided it was the day to clean that sign.
I've done this in Iron Mountain several years ago and I had an amazing spiritual experience in pondering it.  I didn't expect the same but I knew there would be a great satisfaction in doing so.
I began on the south side and used my sander to clean the grit and grime off of the name of the Savior's church.
My sweetheart worked on the north side.  His circular sander worked a lot better than the one I used.
This job went a lot faster with two people.  A courser sandpaper helped make the task faster as well.  The final thing that made it faster was the fact that there are no letters "Visitors Welcome" attached to this building.
When all was done, I used the circular sander and a finer sandpaper to buff the letters.
I think the final project looks terrific!  It is once again a privilege to give this service that no one asked us to do.  All I could think of is President Nelson saying, "The Lord loves effort."  This was an effort that I am honored to give.

No comments: