Sunday, January 24, 2021

Carthage Cottage #1

 Jared gave me a specific job that was just for me.  He asked me to paint Carthage Cottage #1.  Not just do some spot painting but to actually paint the entire house.  I started it prior to Christmas and actually had Erin come with me to help on a couple of those days.  

Then Covid struck the mission and all of the missionaries were asked to stay home.  There were no virtual tours or FM work.  In fact, Jordan sent the FM employees home for three days just in case.  

After our two week quarantine, we went back to work on this house.  My husband and Tom helped since we couldn't work with anyone that didn't live in our house.  Things loosened up a little and the Polls were able to come over to the house and assist in our job for two days.  On the third day, Elder Poll was hospitalized and we needed to take Sister Poll to the hospital in Peoria.  Therefore, we didn't finish on that Friday when I thought we would be done.  One more day the following week and we had it finished.  We helped the Polls place the furniture since they would be moving in to this place.  It was a fun project but needed a lot of repairs in the plaster walls.  No sheetrock here.  I learned a lot again.

No comments: