Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Temple

In my quest to be thankful, I have to say that I'm thankful for temples!  Yesterday my sweetie and I drove to Chicago to spend time in the temple.  I always learn something new.  We did some sealing and I was reminded of the covenant of marriage.  It felt so good to hear the promises and blessings that come with that specific covenant.  Besides that, I got to look across the alter at my handsome husband. 

We've been going to the temple monthly for at least four years now and I can't imagine not doing it.  I believe not only has it opened my understanding, but it has strengthened our marriage.  What's not to be thankful about?

1 comment:

Nicky Kaye said...

I too am so thankful for the temple and the covenants that we make there. I am so happy that we have temples today on the earth and the wonderful blessings that they can bring into our lives, especially the blessing of having an eternal family. I am so blessed to be living so close to a temple during this time in my life.