Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The First Snow

I love the first big snowfall of the season.  Mostly because it covers everything with a blanket of clean.  As I think about that clean, it takes me to the Atonement of Christ.  It really covers everything, not just sin.  I think about all the heartaches we feel in this lifetime, about all the unfairness.  The Atonement is what helps us get through those times.  I have a dear friend whose daughter is going through the most difficult thing in her life.  Today she will recognize that only the atonement will get her through her trial. 

2 comments:

Mont and Dawna said...

Love the analogy Heidi! I also love the first snowfall but I always prefer it to be in December! So far so good up here but there is something about it whenever it ends up falling. Sorry to hear about your friends daughter :( I hope she does feel the power of the atonement during her tough time in life right now. Life does come with its major disappointments and struggles that's for sure, but like your analogy luckily we don't have to carry the load alone, if we choose anyway. Enjoy the snow & your cozy home and family. Love ya lots, all of you! And miss you as always! Dawna J

Nicky Kaye said...

We have never felt the power of the atonement so strong in our lives as we have during this time. We know that when we don't have the strength to walk forward that our Saviour is there to help us through it all. I have come to think of this not as a loss but to see it for the blessings that I was able to have. Thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, and love.