Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My New Friends

Two weeks ago I stepped on my bathroom scale which is not my friend.  The news it gave me was unpleasant.  I've not felt comfortable in my clothes as of late and that little scale was exactly what I needed to make these fine pieces of machinery my friends.
I am now in my third week of daily exercise (excluding Sunday) and last night I noticed that I feel different.  Not inside feel as much as outside feel.  My muscles feel tighter and more toned.  I spend 1/2 hour with my Bowflex Treadclimber and then another 1/2 hour with the traditional Bowflex and the Totalgym. 
These pieces of workout equipment are in the back room of our garage.  There's a TV out there and I've discovered that either Perry Mason or Cannon on MeTV are great workout partners.  (I still can't believe that in the 70's there was a detective show centered around William Conrad who had to weigh at least 300 lbs.)  There's a good motivator! 
Some days I am extra motivated and get out in the evening as well as the morning.  I'm a huge Biggest Loser fan.  If those people can exercise and lose huge quantities of weight, I can do it too.  I don't feel I need to lose a huge quantity of weight, but I really don't like being as heavy as I am.  I'd like to be a "lighter weight" at my next birthday.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Clare said...

I can see you in all your 110 lb. glory now! :)

Nicky Kaye said...

I wish I had some nice friends like you do...I could use them right about now :) Love ya!!

Luana said...

Good for you Heidi! I love those times when I am motivated to work harder at staying fit. Too bad they don't come very often. I just love sweets and other fine foods too much!