Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas is Coming

 When our children were young I had a Nativity set that was out in the livingroom during the Christmas season.  Clare loved to play with it and called the "Activity Set."  Believe me, it got plenty of activity!  Since then, I've wanted something nicer and several years ago, my husband came home with three!  I've collected a few small sets as well.  After Christmas Stein's Gardens and Gifts puts everything on sale for 75% off.  He came home with more last year.  I have two more that I didn't get posted and another two for each of my husband's offices.  Here's what I have displayed in my house as of now.
This is one of the miniature sets.  It sits on this little shelf in the kitchen.
 Here's another of the minatures.  It is on top of the piano.
 This is a new one from last year, so this year is the first time it's being displayed in our home.  It is on the counter in the kitchen.  Good thing we extended that counter this Spring.
 This is one of the original three that came home.  It too sits on the piano.
 The Gourleys gave me this one for Christmas last year.  I've wanted one for years that the kids could play with.  It is a true Activity Set.  Adam loves the animals and Cami plays with the people.  It's down low where they can have easy access.
 A friend made this one many years ago.  She's very crafty and I bought it from her.  It's one of my favorites.  It's on the window sill above the sink.
 The one of the left is new from last year's sale.  The one of the right was given to us by the Growcocks.  They purchased it in the Holy Land many years ago.  It's made out of Olive Wood.  The plates in the background were some that my mom collected. 
 This is the window sill in the livingroom.  On the left is something I bought for $1 many years ago.  Next to it and on the far right are new ones from last year.  The second from the right is just another $1 one.
Last year after Christmas I was in Walmart and looked through the Christmas clearance and found this wall "sticker."  It sticks to any smooth surface and come off clean.  I've had it up all year.  At present it is located above the back door.  I have another wall sticker of the nativity.  I'm not sure where I'm going to put it.  First I have to find it. 
I love Christmas!  I love what it represents and why we celebrate it.  I want everyone coming into my home to know that we are Christians just by looking around.  I have plenty of pictures of Christ hanging in my home all year long, but this time of year (and especially this year) our home is covered in the reason for this blessed season. 
I've never put these things out this early and yet, why not?  I love them!


1 comment:

Mont and Dawna said...

Love it! Christmas and Nativity's in general! I love that you have so many of them! I think your life is evidence enough that you are Christian! But your home obviously blares that message. Very nice, all of them. We are all decorated here too --- wayyy sooner than usual...I'm loving it & my daughter is in seventh heaven with it all :)