Monday, December 21, 2009

I Love Seminary


Each morning I have the blessed opportunity to go to church and spend 45 minutes with some of the greatest youth I know. We study the scriptures together.


We also have 25 scriptures that we're asked to learn. I don't require them to be memorized but rather to learn what they're about and where to find them.


I've done my best to make learning these scriptures fun as well as eduational.


This year one of the ways we're learning them is as a puzzle.


We're also still golfing. Who doesn't like to putt a golf ball. This activity requires a knowledge of the specific scriptures as well as a talent for putting a golf ball.

At any rate, I love seminary! When the bishop asked me if I could accept the call to teach seminary, I thought he was crazy. Then I went to my first in-service meeting. After that, I knew I was the crazy one. It didn't take me long to figure out that the Lord knows what he's doing. I've learned so much and continue to be amazed daily at the tender mercies I am shown with the thoughts that come to my brain. I've shared some of those recently and know that I'm blessed by my service!

No comments: