Thursday, December 10, 2009

Answered Prayers



Isn't it interesting that you can pray about a problem and when you think you finally have the answer, a better way is provided? We've been praying for Erin to find someone to ride home with her from Rexburg. She has Zane coming with her, but he doesn't have a driver's license yet, so he can't drive.

Yesterday I made a phone call and found another 2 cars with whom she could caravan. Helpful and a possible answer. The problem with that was that the other people couldn't leave Rexburg until at least 2pm. That leaves less than 3 hours of daylight to drive in. Personally I want my daughter driving in daylight hours through Yellowstone up to Bozeman.

I asked her to change her departure date on the bulletin she had placed on the ride board. Today she got not only another passenger, but two! Both need a ride to Wisconsin and both can drive. Now instead of caravaning and solo driving, she can drive straight through the night and arrive home on Sunday morning.

I consider it one of God's tender mercies. I was just studying my seminary lesson and it was about problem solving. I discovered as Alma did, that you have to do more than ask casually, but rather make a plan and do something to make things happen. This is what we did and it works!!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am always amazed when my prayers are answered. Usually in ways my small brain had not thought of. I am glad she is not driving through Yellowstone at night. I did that once and it was not fun!