Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Reba Concert

Several months ago Pat purchased tickets for us to go see Reba McEntire in concert.  It was scheduled for the same day as our temple assignment so we got some subs for that Friday night.  We went out to a new place for us to eat.  Then off to the Resch Center for the concert.  We parked on another street so we could make a quick exit and didn't have to pay for parking. 
The warm-up act was a woman named Hannah Dasher.  She was crude and crass and I would not ever recommend her.  She had a potty mouth.  She had an ok voice but nothing to write home about.  Apparently her talent lies in song writing.  But she wrote and sang a song where she used a$$ many times.  Not impressed.
I wish I could have gotten this QR code closer to get her playlist.  Oh well.
I've always like Reba's music.  She puts on a great concert.  She plans her music so it is in categories and she makes the change of clothes to fit that category.  
I told Pat that as long as we go to concerts I do not want floor seats.  First of all, everyone is on the same level so you will have to look around the heads in front of you.  Secondly, they all stood for the entire hour and a half concert.  What if I get some really tall person in front of me?  I'll stay in the cheap seats where at least I can see what's happening even if I have to watch the jumbo trons at times. 
At one point she sang a series of spiritual songs.  She said that her faith is what makes her who she is.  I love that!  The only bad thing was some doofus behind us was grumbling about her singing them.  Everyone else seemed to really enjoy that set.  I know I did.
She ended her concert singing "Fancy".  She came out in this long beaded, sparkly dress.  I knew that there was something red underneath it as it wasn't even a little bit form fitting.  I was right!  She threw that over dress down and the crowd went wild!  She gave a great concert and I'm glad we could go.  I was sure it would be delayed once again because of Covid.  Glad it wasn't.

 

No comments: