Friday, January 7, 2022

Christmas 2021

 Christmas is my favorite holiday ever!  I love the music, the lights, the decorations and the fact that people are genuinely nicer.  It can be busy and stressful, but I still love that we are celebrating the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ!

There is a program at church.  The boys were wise men and shepherds and Eli was a star.  Cami was part of an angelic choir.  Clare called me on her birthday with a mask over her face.  Covid positive.  I teased her that the year she was born, she ruined my Christmas because I had to stay in the hospital and missed the festivities at my parents' home.  I remember how lonely I felt.
This year her family came and she stayed at home.  We facetimed her as everyone opened their gifts.  I saw her wipe a tear at one point.  Was she sad?  I would have been.  Brock got a nerf vest that holds all his ammo.  Cami got those white boots she's wearing. 
It doesn't show on his face, but Jeff was thrilled with his ladder. 
Clint got a new work light and some wood clamps.  He seemed happy with his gifts as well. 
Butchy got K'nex.  He plays with them when he comes over to our house so I knew he would like his own. 
Henry got the new little people garage.  He was in heaven and Eli played with him.  Eli got his paw patrol Skye that he's been asking for. 
As always, there was plenty of good food and good conversation and good people to share it with.  Andrew and Cierra took Eddie and went to Independence.  They couldn't go last year because of Covid so it was good that they got to go this time.  We missed them and Clare but understand that we can't always be physically together.  I adore my family!
 

No comments: