Friday, January 7, 2022

Fog

 A few days before Christmas my sweetheart asked me to go to Green Bay to get parts for the Transit.  it was quite foggy but got in the truck and headed out.  I said a prayer while I was driving that if there was any danger ahead that I would have a clear thought or prompting.  I kept the radio off the entire time so I could feel or hear those things if needed. 

It was hard to tell where I was on the road since the roadside views were unavailable due to the thickness of the fog.  Just as I was coming up to the onramp by Bonduel, I saw red emergency lights.  I slowed down and followed the fire truck that entered highway 29.  The vehicles that were following me didn't know why I slowed down and they passed me.  Once they saw the flashing lights, they slowed too.
Just passed Doc's there was an accident involving a U-haul, a van and a pickup truck.  There was also two different semis in the median.  Probably to avoid causing further damage.  
In Green Bay where there was no snow cover, there was no fog.  It was nice to be there with good visibility.  Once I left town, the fog was there to great me again.  Much of the accident scene was cleared when I came back through but not all.  Driving into Shawano was horrible.  I was nearly  impossible to see traffic coming from side streets. 
As I pondered this drive, which was kind of stressful, I thought about Lehi's dream.  He talked about holding fast to the iron rod as the mists of darkness came swirling about.  This is how I felt.  The mists were all around today and staying in my lane of traffic at a reduced speed was most important.  The road was the safe place to be, but I needed to use caution.  The strait and narrow path is the place I want to be.  But when the mists of darkness swirl around me, it is ONLY by holding to the rod that I can be sure to stay on the path.  I've come to understand just how important the scriptures are!

No comments: