Friday, January 7, 2022

Basketball

 Brock is in 5th grade this year and the middle school boys needed more guys to have two full teams so the 5th grade boys got invited.  On his second day of practice I was at school and saw him sitting on the sideline crying.  I went over to see what was wrong.  He had gotten flattened by one of the big boys in a game and was hurting.  I took him home and he vowed he would never play again. 

                                           

Well, he changed his mind and went back to practice.  I watched him play a few games.  Basketball is a game with a lot to learn.  He was a great defender but struggled on the offensive side of the ball.  

                                       

I enjoyed watching him play.  I don't think he cared if he played or not.  He enjoyed being part of the team.

                                              

His coach was giving him some extra instruction during a foul shot.

                                          

Cami has been so much fun to watch.

I can see the growth and confidence as I watch her play.  At first she was quite timid, but now she gets in for a rebound and boxes out.  She isn't afraid of the ball so much anymore and will put an offensive rebound back up. When the opposing varsity team isn't very good, Newell puts in many of his jv players.  She has had the opportunity to play in the varsity games quite a few times.  When family is there, we always cheer when she enters the game.  I'm sure she is mortified, but we love our girl and cheer for her success!
                                           

No comments: