Tuesday, June 8, 2021

A Covid Thought

 Back in February I was reading in the book of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon.  I was in chapter 11 where Abinidi is in King Noah's court admonishing the priests and king about their lives.  He is telling them to repent. 

 In verse 23 and 24 he says this:

"And it shall come to pass that except this people repent and turn unto the Lord their God, they shall be brought into bondage; and none shall deliver them, except it be the Lord the Almighty God.  Yea, and it shall come to pass that when they shall cry unto me I will be slow to hear their cries; yea, and I will suffer them that they be smitten by their enemies."

The world we live in has forgotten God for the most part.  He has been kicked out of any public gathering including schools and government.  This is an unrepentant world where anything goes.  The Covid-19 virus brought the entire world into bondage.  I thought when President Nelson called for a fast that things would be gone in short order.  Then we he asked for a second fast I was certain that this time with religious people around the world fasting that this plague would be eradicated.  I feel the Lord is slow to hear our cries just as Abinidi prophesied.  The Book of Mormon was written for our day.  This is just another witness to me that it is true.

No comments: