Sunday, September 13, 2020

Elder Robertson’s Thoughts

I love Elder Bruce Robertson.  He's gone back to Laramie with his sweet companion Sherry.  They were site missionaries until Covid hit.  Sherry began working in the office just prior to that so she had a job to keep them here.  He has a lot of skills so it made sense to send him to FM.  
He became the handyman's assistant.  With Elder Robertson driving the "duck truck" he and Pat could get twice as much done.  He took care of a lot of the little things so Pat could work on other things.  One of the things he did was to repair the door frame on the Brigham Young outhouse.  The original door was rotten so a new one was built and Tom painted it all by himself.  Elder Robertson repaired and then installed the new door.  I went after him and sanded and touched up the paint where needed.
Another one of the things he did just before leaving was to create a new plow to replace the one in front of the blacksmith shop that had rotten wood.  He put things together and sent it to me for paint.  Pat tells him to do the best he can on a job and "then my wife will make it look good."
One morning he and I were talking and he told me of an experience he had the night before in a dream.  He referenced what Pat always says about me making things look good.  Then he  told me about his dream.  He said I do for him here what our Savior does for each one of us spiritually.  It doesn't matter how worn we are or what mistakes we've made, the Savior has already taken them and repaired them and makes us look good.  He was holding back his tears as he shared his thoughts.  Then he expressed his love for both of us.  It was very tender and I thanked him for sharing his thoughts.  
I said it at the beginning.  I love Elder Robertson!  And his pretty wife too!

No comments: