Sunday, April 5, 2020

General Conference April 2020

With all the craziness going on in the world right now due to Covid-19, I was looking forward to General Conference as never before just hoping to feel the peace that the Spirit brings through the messages given.
I have taken notes on the conferences in the past.  It helps me stay focused and awake when it gets tough.  It also helps me remember what each talk was about.  Lots of times I will write myself a question as a self evaluation.  Yesterday was no different.  I wrote a few sentences about President Nelson's invitation to "Hear Him!"
Then something changed.  I began to listen to what the Spirit was whispering to me.  Here are just a few things I heard.
"Unity in families helps to get through challenges."
"There's no way for me to make up for the mistakes/sins I've made.  That is why I need the Savior's atonement."
"Joseph Smith's marriage to Emma Hale was key in Joseph obtaining and translating the plates."
"Stay focused and I will accomplish all that God asks of me."
"I do not need to see Jesus Christ to know that he is real and that he lives."
"The Lord prepares, in detail, his missionary work."
"Do not remove the Savior's name from His church.  It inadvertently removes Him as the center of my life."

I love this new symbol that President Nelson introduced.  If this does not say that we believe in Christ then people are blind.  I was so filled with the Spirit as I listened to President Nelson.  I know he is God's prophet on the earth today.  It was so powerful that I listened as tears streamed down my face.  I look forward to even more truths being confirmed in my heart/life today!

No comments: